- I have a phobia called Thalassophobia – which can include fear of being in large bodies of water, fear of the vast emptiness of the sea, of sea waves, and fear of distance from land. I am in short – afraid of water.
- I worked in a mental health center to assist adult day patients when I was 16 years old. I left after being physically abused several times daily by patients and was unable to cope with the constant care demands placed on me.
- I trained as a Beautician, nail tech, masseuse, relaxation therapist and make up artist when I was in my early 20’s and ran a mobile business for years.
- I owned an exotic animal charity which was legally registered and we operated a learning center from a theme park in Ayr. We ran for 6 years taking in hundreds of exotics and giving talks 7 days a week until we almost went bankrupt with the crippling costs. We resigned and handed over all animals we had left to volunteers before returning to normal jobs and family life.
- My family history is more dramatic and unbelievable than a plot from Eastenders. It also all happened in one street where some of my family still live.
- I have 14 siblings – half, step and real. I only have relationships with half of them.
- I wrote my first book aged 6 and won a school competition. It was about the friendship between a dog and cat who lived next door to one another.
- I suffer from severe social anxiety and periods of my life I have been unable to leave my own house for months on end. I am now self managed and force myself to big events several times a year to combat this. I get sick with nerves before each trip.
- My birth surname is Ukrainian. (not one I use). My grandfather was a German army POW who came to the UK when he was a young teen and could not go back for fear of being shot.
- I am allergic to stings. Wasps and Bee’s have different effects. I have been stung 5 times by wasps and once by a bee in my lifetime. Each required medical attention quickly.
This was a bizarre get to know me post. I hope you learned something about me today and I hope you take the chance to do the same on your own blog x